My name is Deb Wiechmann, I'm the owner, artist in studio of the Potting Shed Art Studio. I been an artist most of my life. My mother is an artist and passed her love of sketching on to me.

Attending MTHS, an AWESOME High School Teacher encouraged me to pursue my artistic dreams. I went on to study Art & Illustration at ICC and worked as a Graphic Artist for Sears and CDC, a direct mail advertising agency. I continued my Artistic education through ICC and in classes & workshops with local artists through other agencies such as Illinois Art League & the Peoria Art Guild.

During my 3 daughters' childhoods I was a stay at home mom & continued to paint and draw. I was an active volunteer at both Metamora & Germantown Grade Schools in the PTO and as Picture Person with Lakeview Museum as well as a Girl Scout Leader. I always tried to encourage artistic expression in all of the kids I worked with as well as my own children.

I have painted wall murals, acrylic & watercolor canvases, furniture and accessories, and even done custom signs for homes & weddings. I have left my mark as an artist on a variety of canvases….the sides of barns, ceilings of homes, lampshades, boulders and mannequins to name just a few. I have been known to say if it isn't moving I can paint on it!


I am also an AVID Gardener, an obsession that was also passed down from my mother and that is still my main form of relaxation. If I am not painting you will likely find me puttering in the gardens and fairy gardens around the Potting Shed. The potting shed itself, stood on our property when we built our house and was built in the late 1940's. I used the sturdy shed for storage of my garden tools, planters, & supplies, until last spring I decided to clean it out & turn it into an art studio! The original structure remains but the shed got a bit of an artsy makeover.


The Potting Shed Art Studio has been a dream that came to fruition only last August with the help of my husband and family. I could not have done it without them! Sharing my love for art, painting & gardening with children and adults alike is just one more outlet for my artistic expression. It has been even more fulfilling and enjoyable than I could have imagined.


Comments

Popular Posts