February Guest Artist- Rachel Newell



We are excited to have a guest artist in the Potting Shed in February! 
Rachel Newell is a local artist who makes beautiful collages & mixed media pieces. She joined us in the October for our Fall Bazaar & we loved her work so much we asked her to come teach us her ways! Sunday February 12th is her Collage Class & we still have a few seats open. 


Register here-https://goo.gl/forms/vupCrSei6wY4dR1Q2)
Here is her artist bio & some examples of her work.






"I am a mixed media artist but my main focus over the last few years has been in collage. I have been collaging since I was a little kid and am passionate about using other peoples' unwanted materials and reassembling them into art. I am inspired by nature, love, and motion which are common themes in my artwork. I opened a studio and creation space in my hometown back in May of last year and use the building as my work space but also have art workshops and parties there. Overall, I love creating but especially enjoy it when I am converting someone else's trash into artwork!"








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts